Son of Sardaar : Social Media Marketing Campaign
I saw Son of Sardar on 13th November, the day it released.
I was following the movie’s promotions for few weeks before it was released. Here is a look at some of the things done by the SOS team to promote their movie online.
1. Facebook Page:
The first step in online promotion begins with Facebook. SOS team made a Facebook page through which fans could get constant updates about the movie.
2. Contest are a good way to increase fan participation. SOS team gave away F1 tickets as prize for the contest.
they implemented it with the help of a ‘Like Gate’. Users who wanted to participate in the contest had to like the page. This converts participants into Facebook page fan.
3. This is one common (but boring) trend, wishing people on festive occasions.
4. The added basic information like the names of the cast, director, genre, etc in the Facebook page. In case you are wondering how did these categories become available to SOS Facebook page, if you select the page type as ‘Movie’, then Facebook gives you these extra options in the profile section. The page type selection can be done while creating the page.
5. The SOS team, kept on updating the page with news, gossip, photos and videos about the movie. They started updating the page even while the film was being shot.
6. The SOS team also created a twitter page where they constantly tweeted news about the cast. Notice the graphics of the twitter page, they used the same graphics across all of their marketing material.
7. They uploaded trailer videos of the movie along with the songs on their Youtube channel.
8. They kept advertisements about the movie on Facebook. Here you can see a sponsored story. It was displayed on my timeline a day after the movie got released.